Tuesday, January 13, 2009

HorseGirls?!?!?




So I had another one of those "mommy moments" when one of my children ask me a question that I really don't have an answer to. Maybe it is because I am lacking the knowledge in that category or sometimes it is because I haven't yet figured out the way I will handle that question. Whatever the case maybe, I seem to have these "mommy moments" when Tim is nowhere around to come to my rescue with his answer! This morning as the kids and I were rushing around to eat, get shoes on, get coats and backpacks on, etc., a random question came up, "mommy, why aren't they called horsegirls?" At first I thought maybe Kami was reading something and needed some clarification on a word. However, she was in deep thought, quietly looking at me, and waiting for an answer. I said, "what?" She replied, "you know, cowgirls, why aren't they called horsegirls?" Well, I was quite amazed at her thought process and wondered why I had never thought of that question. Indeed, it would make sense to call them horsegirls. I told kami that she had asked a very good question and that she should call her Aunt Kimmie Jo(the horse lady of our family) and ask her! Maybe I will "google" the question why she is at school today and see what kind of answer I can find for my deep thinker Kami!

No comments: