Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Little Boys Hangin Out!

I have the wonderful pleasure of keeping two little boys during the week. Benjamin will turn 6 this week and Jonathon turned 6, two weeks ago They get off the bus at noon with Nolan and I am immediately out-numbered. This doesn't intimidate me in the least though as I can join in with them and be a big kid as well!! During the last couple of months, it has been really cold so the boys come home with hungry bellies' and then onto some super hero dress up or hide and go seek in the house. Well, last week the weather warmed up a little, so the boys were excited to get to play outside. They weren't so "hungry" after all! The trampoline usually keeps their attention for the most part, so I just occasionally go out back and check on them. I have to admit that I probably got a little pre-occupied with something and didn't check on them as soon as I should have. My philosophy after 4 children is,"unless there is alot of screaming or blood, they fend for themself!"
Anyway.....I hadn't heard any of the usual hoots or hollers for a while, so I opened the back door to find the 3 monkeys "walking the fence!" At first I just kinda stood there awestruck at the fact that they found this something that would be ok for them to do. When the initial shock and my reaction to scream, "get down this minute" passed, I had to laugh and then of course run and get my camera! This activity kept their attention for quite some time. I was only needed at the end of the "walk" to help them get down! It amazes me what simple things that little boys can come up with to keep themselves entertained! Of course it also helps to know that Dad is a nurse and mom deals well with blood and broken bones! So far, we have been able to avoid any major mishaps, but I am sure that will be short lived, because well, they are BOYS, right?


2 comments:

Sierra said...

You are such a good mom! You are so fun and let your kids be kids. I hope I can do the same. And I can tell you really enjoy your kids too. Hope Peighton did well in the musical. Let me know. And I have been diligently mushing my bag!

Sierra said...

That bread was sooo good! I can't wait until it is ready again! We should do a nertz night sometime, let me know.