Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday before church.








On Easter Sunday we were running late for church because I wanted to snap some pictures of the kids before we left. Because of this, we had to sit in the foyer while the sacrament(bread and water) was passed. As usual, it was brought out to the foyer for anyone who wanted to partake. As the bread was passed, I watched with a full heart as each of my children and husband took part in this sacred opportunity. I then realized that my older 2 kids were looking at each other with this disgusted look on their faces and then Kami was whispering something to her Daddy. As I took my bit of bread, I realized what was going on. The bread was maybe a day or so old and a little stale. I looked at Tim who had a stern look on his face and we together explained in whispered tones that it wasn't what the bread tasted like but what it symbolized. Right after we finished our little lesson, our youngest Nolan blurts out, "but it would have been better if it had butter on it!" Tim and I tried to contain our laughter at this sweet little honest remark, but we did however, have smiles on our faces for the rest of the service!

3 comments:

Loretta Valenta said...

BWHAHAHAHAHA! I agree about the bread on Sunday!!!! I don't know what was up with that but butter MIGHT have helped!! :P

Aimee said...

they are precious in their matching outfits! i love it!

Natalie said...

As always, your kids look so cute! You always find the cutest outfits :)