Monday, November 14, 2011

A Sweet note about a Sweet Girl


















One of the blessings of staying in the same place for so long is, all your kids go to the same elementary school and you get to know all the teachers really well. They become not only your children's mentor's, but dear friends as well. You become to trust these wonderful people with your most precious gifts. Even though I didn't grow up here, I have a great love for this place we call home. Over the last 10 years, I have made many dear friends with the teachers and staff at Nicholasville Elementary. Some have retired or moved on, but they will forever be remembered by our family. I am friends with several teachers on FB and one of them took the time out of her very busy life, to send me a quick message that made my night. The message was this:



I just wanted to let you know how precious your daughter was at recess today. She was tossing a football with a boy who had obvious difficulty catching and throwing. When most kids would have walked away, she stayed there and kept playing with him. She didn't seem to care what anyone thought of her playing with this boy. She made his day I am sure. Just thought you should know. It's things like that that make parents proud...even more so than an A. Have a great night :)


It's moments like this that make me proud to be a mom. Make me know without a shadow of a doubt that I was put here on Earth to mold and teach my children. At times it is really difficult and we question ourselves as to if we are doing things right. We feel guilty about things that are out of our control but wish we could change or make better.


As I struggle with my sweet Kami on a daily basis about her attitude or tone of voice, or whatever it may be, things like this little note, help me to know that she is indeed a beautiful child inside and out. Her sweet, caring, and loving heart, sees no shame in being a friend to a child that may not be with the "in crowd", or may look or act a little different than others. In fact, she takes pride in calling them her friends. Makes me have the hope that the things I teach her, really DO stick, and are molding her into a beautiful young lady.


I Love you my dear Kami and am so very proud of you today,tomorrow, and always!

2 comments:

Luke and Kate Darby said...

I love this post. That is so sweet. You have such wonderful kids, and you are such a great mom.

Renee said...

You should be proud..you are raising some wonderful children that will one day grow up to be outstanding individuals :)