Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sweetness

Nolan and I sit waiting for his bus to come every morning by ourselves. I enjoy this time as it gives us a few quiet moments to ourselves to just talk. Our conversations usually go something like this, "Mom, can I be a car rider today?" or "Do I have to wear a big coat?" But there are the special moments that I really can see his little mind turning and he asks me such sweet and innocent questions like this:

Nolan- "Mom, do flowers go to Heaven when they die?"

Mom-"I believe they do Nolan because Heaven is such a beautiful place that I can only imagine that flowers HAVE to be there."

Nolan- "Good because Grandmommie loves flowers!"


Even though he struggles to understand the death of his Great-Grandmother(Grandmommie), I feel as though it is through him and my other children that I find peace and comfort when I am having a hard day or moment. He has also asked me if she would look the same after she came back alive to which I replied that I thought so, except that she would be perfect and healthy in every way. He then touched me again by saying, "Good, cuz I want her to play baseball with me again someday!" I am so thankful that my children had the opportunity to be with her and make many memories as I have, that will last a lifetime until we can all one day be together again and make many more!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

OK, so I love all the pictures but I absolutely LOVE the idea of the Christmas on the stairs picture each year. Will definitely start that tradition!